It’s National Sleep Awareness Week!
Did you know that it’s National Sleep Awareness Week? It’s an annual public education and awareness campaign, sponsored by the National Sleep Foundation (NSF) that promotes the importance of sleep. According to the NSF, adults need between seven and nine hours of sleep each night. Kids need even more sleep, up to 13 hours for preschoolers. Unfortunately, if you’re like the rest of us, those precious hours are hard to come by after a busy day of work, school and other activities. We have some tips from the NSF that can help pave the way for better sleep:
– Establish consistent sleep and wake schedules, even on weekends.
– Create a regular, relaxing bedtime routine such as soaking in a hot bath or listening to soothing music – begin an hour or more before the time you expect to fall asleep.
– Create a sleep-conducive environment that is dark, quiet, comfortable and cool.
– Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillows.
– Finish eating at least 2-3 hours before your regular bedtime.
– Exercise regularly during the day or at least a few hours before bedtime.
– Avoid caffeine and alcohol products close to bedtime.
If you still can’t seem to get a good night’s sleep, Boiron’s Quietude quick-dissolving tablets are here to help. Safe for everyone ages 12 & up, Quietude works naturally with your body to help relieve occasional sleeplessness and/or restless sleep. It’s non-habit forming and has no side effects, so you wake up feeling refreshed and ready to start your day!
P.S. Daylight Savings Time starts this Sunday, March 13, so don’t forget to set your clocks ahead one hour before you head to bed on Saturday night!