Don’t Let Pain Keep You From Achieving Your Own Olympic-Sized Dreams
For the next 17 days, over 10,500 athletes from 200 countries will participate in the Summer Olympic Games. But before you join the millions of people worldwide tuning in to cheer on their nation’s athletes to victory, check out these five fun Olympic facts:
- London is the first city to ever host a modern Olympics three times (1908, 1948 and 2012).
- The 1936 Berlin Olympics were the first Olympic Games to ever be televised.
- The modern Olympics have been canceled three times: the 1916 Summer Olympics in Berlin due to World War I, and the 1940 Summer Olympics in Helsinki and the 1944 Summer Olympics in London due to World War II.
- Africa and South America have never held an Olympic Games, even though they represent two of the five rings in the Olympic logo. This will change in 2016 when the Olympics are held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It also means that Africa will be the last continent to stage the games at some time in the future.
- The five Olympic rings represent the five major regions of the world (Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and Oceana), and every national flag in the world includes one of the five colors: blue, yellow, black, green and red.
And even though many of us will never know what it’s like to be an Olympic athlete, we do know what it’s like to push our bodies to its physical limits. Keep a tube of Arnicare Gel or Cream in your gym bag, your car, your purse or your medicine cabinet to help relieve those muscle aches, pains and bruises caused by your active lifestyle. Olympians don’t let pain block their path to victory, and neither should you. For more information on Arnicare and where to buy, click here.